![]() |
| Directed by: Bhappie Sonie Music: Shankar-Jaikishen Starring: Shammi Kapoor, Rajshri, Rehman, Shyama, Prithviraj Kapoor, Rajendranath, Achla Sachdev |
This is going to be a l-o-n-g post with many, many screen shots.
After so many shwet-shyam movies, in which Shammi Kapoor shone star-like, it is time to see him in brilliant Eastman Colour. Janwar is Shammi Kapoor at his zaniest best - it is filled with disguises, crazy side-plots, lots and lots of silliness (and some not-so-PC comedy, but what the heck, I laughed!), but that is not all - it is leavened by great songs, a likeable Rajshri (another one of the heroines I could never warm to), a handicapped-by-the-script Rehman, and a solidly one-dimensional Prithviraj Kapoor. Man, I love it when villains are so absolutely devoid of any shades - of course, being the hero's father, he has to repent suitably, and in time. But he does that with great elan.
(Idle comment No.1: I wonder why Shammi acted in so many films whose titles were pejoratives - I mean, take Junglee for instance or Pagla Kahin Ka, Budtameez, BluffMaster...) of course, he is not espousing the title role this time. That is reserved for his father, played by real-life father Prithviraj Kapoor.
(Idle comment No.1: I wonder why Shammi acted in so many films whose titles were pejoratives - I mean, take Junglee for instance or Pagla Kahin Ka, Budtameez, BluffMaster...) of course, he is not espousing the title role this time. That is reserved for his father, played by real-life father Prithviraj Kapoor.


0 Yorumlar