When I originally started the Winterlude retrospective series, it was with an introduction from this year: images along the Rideau Canal skateway. That post ended at the Bank Street Bridge where the Glebe is on the one side and Old Ottawa South is on the other. So I start again for a two day encore of Winterlude 2022, with the bridge, with this view looking east. I was up here on a day in February, with people making use of the skate surface.
I went down to the ice surface to head west, and took this view of the bridge.
My path carried me on.
The Bronson Avenue Bridge was ahead. Beyond it the Canal widens into Dow's Lake.
Here's the bridge from the other side.
One of the signs one finds along the skateway, giving various facts about it.
And here we have a view of the lake, with the Arboretum on the west shore.
I headed towards the north end, with the pavilion overlooking the lake.
A final view from the docks at the north end of the lake. This was actually my last shot of the walk, but on my way up the lake I had noticed something off to the east that had caught my eye. We'll get a look at it tomorrow when I wrap up this series.














0 Yorumlar