The other day I wrote a list of things that I was enjoying. That got me thinking that an easy post to write would be the stuff that I wasn’t so happy about. In all honesty, it was much harder to come up with this list. Retirement must be agreeing with me!
1. Winter: Don’t tell me that it’s unusually warm or that it hasn’t even snowed yet. It’s still freaking cold! The mid-thirties is not balmy. The only good thing about winter is that there aren’t many bugs or snakes.
2. Extreme Couponing: Have you seen this program on TLC? It’s all about people who use coupons to stockpile massive quantities of food and toiletries without paying for them. These people proudly show off their hoard of body wash, Tabasco sauce, or toilet paper that they stack under the beds of their children, in their dining room, or on shelving units built all around their living rooms. They get all this stuff because “it’s free” with coupons, even though they can’t possibly use it all. While I love a good sale and I use coupons myself, this program glorifies behavior that borders on compulsive. I wonder how many of these families will go on to appear on Hoarders.
3. Presidential Campaigning: I’m already tired of the 2012 presidential election. Last week Newt Gingrich called the house every evening just before dinner and I don’t even live in Iowa or New Hampshire. (The spouse is a registered republican.) I hang up on Newt and never pass his message on to the spouse. It’s only January and it is disheartening to think that we’ve got eleven months of these robo-calls and negative TV ads before we finally vote.
4. Going to the dentist: I spent the morning in the chair at the dentist. I broke a tooth over Christmas eating caramel corn. These days every trip to the dentist is never just a check-up or a simple filling. Pretty soon I won’t have any natural teeth left. I have more crowns than the queen!
5. Exercise: I know I need more exercise and now that I’m retired I can no longer claim that I’m too busy. Now I complain that it’s too cold…and last summer, it was too hot!
I really had trouble coming up with five things I didn’t like, but I did think of some new things to add to my like list.


0 Yorumlar