Retirement means finally waking up when you feel like it – or in my case, when my cat decides I should get up. It also means freedom to go where you want when you want.
So I’ve been delving into the world of day trips. They’re everywhere, offered by local libraries, AAA, senior centers, museums. Generally, the bus is filled with ladies over a certain age with an occasional husband thrown in for good measure.
So I’ve been delving into the world of day trips. They’re everywhere, offered by local libraries, AAA, senior centers, museums. Generally, the bus is filled with ladies over a certain age with an occasional husband thrown in for good measure.
This week my intrepid travel buddy and I joined a group going up to New Hampshire’s Lake Winnipesaukee. This was a pretty sprightly bunch, unlike the members of our last trip. That day our bus bore a close resemblance to a triage unit, there were so many walkers and oxygen tanks.
We boarded our boat for the tour of the lake and were soon on our way.
It was the only way to really appreciate what a beautiful lake it is, filled with tiny islands and surrounded by mountains.
We chose which house would be ours, waved to the boaters and imagined ourselves living on an island of our own.

0 Yorumlar