Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

M113 comparison Peter Pig vs Battlefront

Wanting to build an Israeli force for Oil wars, my attention turned to the 15mm M113 offerings from Peter Pig and Battlefront.

I did a quick comparison and here are the differences that I have noticed between the different models:

Material: model from Peter Pig is full metal, while the model from Battlefront is a plastic kit.
Generally speaking I prefer plastic, mainly because
  • it is easier to work with
  • paint tends to chip a lot less than metal
  • it costs less

Cost: Battlefront comes to GBP 5.5 a model, Peter Pig to GBP 6.5.
This being said, I am not entirely sure I pay so much attention to a difference of one pound as I believe most of the cost of the model is actually in the time you invest in painting them... and that is a lot.


Size: the model from Battlefront is slightly higher. Nothing exceptional but it is indeed a characteristic with all Battlefront's models.


As for length, the model from Battlefront is a bit longer by 1.5mm maybe. Personally, that doesn't bother me. It is almost unnoticeable.


In terms of detail: the model from Peter Pig has the correct desert exhaust (very characteristic) and tons of stowage that is one of the key feature of Israeli APCs. This type of detail is missing on the Battlefront model.

Here again, a picture of the Israeli APC from Peter Pig (left) and from Battlefront. Tons of detail and character on the Peter Pig model, with the FN Mag machineguns on the side included as well. Model from Battlefront is desperately naked.



Conclusion:

It is a bit a tough one here. The model from Peter Pig is heavy, like really heavy but has ton of character. The model from Battlefront is generic but totally serviceable.

I bought 6 models from Peter Pig but I will complete my purchases very likely with additional models from Battlefront that I will have to pimp up to make them look operational rather than generic. I am happy with both, prefer the PP model for its look and the BF model for its weight.

No issue in my opinion to use them in different platoons in a game. I don't think I'd mind either to put them in the same platoon. It really doesn't make that much a difference.

So my heart goes to Peter Pig but I like the Battlefront model too in spite of their super vanilla flavour, wish it had been given more attention than just being repackaged from one nationality to another.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar