On the list of possible future projects, it seems that 18th century is perennial second. It's always up there, yet there is always something else taking precedence. I think the linear order warfare is very appealing to me, and so the variety of uniforms in the period; on the other side, the idea of painting so much detail on 15mm miniatures, and a somewhat lack of maneuvering (compared, for instance, with the Napoleonic age) are large liabilities in my assessment.
Of course, being a wargamer, I am fickle by nature, and it doesn't take much to bring me a little closer, or a little farther, to jump into a new era. Last year I went real close to investing some bucks into Marlburian armies, then the tide pulled me in a different direction. But I still have a couple of very attractive rules are on my shopping list (Cartouche, the Piquet module; Sam Mustafa's Might and Reason; GaPa.) And now, to whet my appetite even further, James of the Ikley Lads group offers some fantastic pictures in his blog, which of course earns a permanent spot in my links bar. Excellent job, OlicanaLad! A true inspiration for the rest of us!

0 Yorumlar